Saturday, November 26, 2005

Monrovia Morning




6x8 Plein air study and 16x20 studio painting referring to the study and a photo.

The study is a little rushed as a cop came by and asked me to move. I talked him into letting me stay a little longer to finish, but my concentration was broken. Notice the perspective off on the big tanks. I didn't see that until I got home. When I did the studio I tried to push the cool morning mood. I think the plien air study is better despite all the work on the big one.

3 Comments:

Blogger aw said...

Cool. I found you through Technorati after search for "Monrovia."

3:43 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Fantastic work. Are you represented by a gallery or can I purchase from you directly? You really seem to have captured a completly different era/epoch of plien air painting.
Were you trained abroad?
best.
Marcus

11:30 AM  
Blogger william wray said...

thanks Mark and AW. I was trained right here in the good old US of A.

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home