Sunday, February 26, 2006

Battery Service limited Giclée print


A lot of artist and collectors with limited budges have requested prints of my paintings so I've taken the plunge and am producing my first limited Giclée print in collaboration with Pasadena's finest printer Artworks. They do prints for everyone from Mark Ryden to Robert Williams. Most famous artists do editions of 50 to 500. Since I'm relatively new to the game I'm starting out with a modest run of only twelve on this first print. As the years go by I will do larger print runs with different paintings as demand warrants, but there will never be more than 12 copies of this print: Battery Service. The print is the same size as the original, printed on a canvas/ cloth paper professional stretched by my framer. I'm offering the print stretched for $225.00 and framed for $300.00. That is the cash and carry price. Shipping will be charged based on location and how you want it shipped. Do do the increased weight expect the framed version to cost a little more. Each Limited Edition Giclée Canvas is signed, and numbered by William Wray in oil, on the Canvas. Framed and on the wall this thing looks like my original painting, you have to have a trained eye or a jewelers loop to tell the difference.



this digiatl photo of the framed print has a little glare on the right.

What is a Giclée Print?
Giclée prints achieve the closest possible reproduction of an original artwork. All Artworks images are printed using UV archival inks that have been tested to remain stable for 100 years or more. Giclée prints are noted for their high quality image resolution, exceptional richness and depth of color. Proofing of each image is achieved in collaboration with each artist to ensure the final edition is as faithful to the artist's original work and vision as possible.



Here is the print on the scanner to big to fit. My scanner needs adjusting so these images look a little cooler than the print.




A close up and can you tell the differance between the original and the print?

16 Comments:

Blogger Martin Wittig said...

I love loooking at your blog. You've got such beautiful paintings here.

1:54 PM  
Blogger william wray said...

thanks you Martin, nice out you to stop by.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Urban Barbarian said...

Depressingly charming as usual! Kudos to you and your prolific paintings!

12:02 PM  
Blogger Mitch said...

I'm flying out to LA at the end of March and I'm trying to keep a full slate of things to do. Are you in any galleries within the 30 mile radius of Los Angeles that I can check out?

12:05 PM  
Blogger william wray said...

Buy Dan you pretty Bastard. I know you're more than pretty words. Your renters would love this haging in your Orwellian Laguna home.

12:44 PM  
Blogger william wray said...

Hey Mitchl,

I'm at MJ Higgins and Laura Segil fine art see under my links. I'll be in a group show at Higgins when your are here. You are also welcome to make and appointment and come by my studio an see the solo presentation. I treat buyers to lunch in our pretty littletown of Sierra Madre.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Mitch said...

That sounds awesome! I wish I was rich... I'd love to be treated to lunch. Alas, I am a poor college student, so I will have to stick to the galleries. Do you do the solo presentation for curious admirers or just potential buyers?

Also, I don't think I've ever seen a Giclee print in person, or maybe I haven't realized it. Does it give the textures of the brush strokes? It sounds swell if it does.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Elliot Cowan said...

Is the one on the top the original?

9:55 PM  
Blogger william wray said...

Mitchl. You don't have to be rich to buy my art... ;-)

I prefer to keep it to possible buyers as I'm still a working stiff and have to take time out from my day. You need to learn how to bluff and still not buy. ;-)

It's a photographic process so it's not the actual raised stroke. They are doing that now though.

12:09 AM  
Blogger william wray said...

Elliot-- Nope it's the bottom.

12:10 AM  
Blogger MikeS said...

Your paintings are superb! Thank you also for the kind comments you left on my blog.

8:16 AM  
Blogger MisterZoobadoo said...

wonderful work. I've always wondered about giclee's .. how much did they charge you for a run of 12?

3:52 PM  
Blogger Urban Barbarian said...

How would you feel about selling me one at half price?

4:12 PM  
Blogger william wray said...

Thank you Smook! I feel the same way about your work.

4:31 PM  
Blogger william wray said...

It varies to size suggest you give artworks a call : 323- 550 1085 ask for Liz.

4:33 PM  
Blogger william wray said...

Dan, I don't think I could allow myself that much pleasure, I don't deserve it.

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home