Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Night Truck


Continuing on with my nocturnal adventures, back of and old business next to the Monrovia Train tracks. Oil 10x20. Happily they leave their lights on all night so I could take some photos. Doesn't look like this truck is used much. It was raining and I had a big umbrella so that added to my good mood while snapping photos. Tried to make friends with a feral cat who lived under the truck, but he wasn't having any of it.

The funny thing is I tried an old canvas of my dads because of the oblong
shape (about 40 years old at least) and I hated it. I'm spoiled by Linen.

12 Comments:

Blogger Urban Barbarian said...

Makes me wanna put a fire on and snuggle!

5:47 PM  
Blogger william wray said...

MMMMM... Dreamy

11:01 PM  
Blogger william wray said...

You're a pretty good drawer your own self.

3:10 PM  
Blogger John S. said...

Great painting. You have a way of capturing a mood.

4:28 PM  
Blogger william wray said...

I'm a moody bastard. I need to go capture a happy mood. Where my mood catcher? It must be under my big funky couch.

5:16 PM  
Blogger Martin Wittig said...

Absolutely beautiful!

5:26 PM  
Blogger william wray said...

So are your drawings Martin!

5:38 PM  
Blogger BoneDaddy said...

This one I like. Something about the night scenes always keep me reading the picture. This particular one tends to remind me of summer.

6:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

impressive technique, william.
the light, ohmegosh, the light is everywhere!
every single piece in here have at least one remarkable touch, that brings it to life.
fantastic.
greetings!

9:58 AM  
Blogger Lesley Todd said...

I love the atmosphere in this painting. It made me think of espionage as though the viewer is staking out the truck! Lovely play on cool and warm colours too.

1:08 PM  
Blogger william wray said...

Thank you Andrea. I'm always tiring to have that one little point of interest. It's a little challenge I think the painter must make, especially if you are trying to make the everyday view interesting.

12:15 AM  
Blogger william wray said...

Lesley the painter who I want to see more painting from... We the artists let the viewers be the voyeurs, yes? kind of our job. I think the layout does especially enhance that effect of the window looking in kind of thing.

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home