Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Underground Palm and show

And don't forget-- I am going be in an urban group show at:
The Vault Gallery of Fine Art
42 South Washington Street Sonora,
California 95370
on September 1st thru 28th
with a reception on September 9th at 6 to 9 pm.
see link to vault gallery-------------------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>






I went to Target the other day to get a prescription filled with the intent of killing time by taking more shots at the big abandoned parking lot across the street form it. I had done a PA painting in many months ago, (posted on my blog as "Palm Lot.") When I went across the street the big palms were gone. In frustration, I went back and looked about the Target parking for subjects, ending up in the underground lot. I found it kind of interesting that the palms were growing down there, I have no idea if they built the lot around them or planed for them, but I suspect they planted them. This illustrates what a weed tree Palms really are. A beautiful tree, but a weed will grow anywhere.

19 Comments:

Blogger Urban Barbarian said...

I think the limited light focus on this one really delivers. This new direction is going places! Perhaps one day soon I can convince my Greek bride to let me buy one!!!

11:03 PM  
Blogger william wray said...

Well now I know who wears the Evazone in your family.

12:17 AM  
Blogger glamaFez said...

Is this on a panel? There are fine lines that look like they'd be fairly impossible to get on canvas.

This makes me want to try PA, ASAP!

11:06 AM  
Blogger chia said...

I sees it but I don't believes it!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Chuck Rose said...

You had me until the cars. Love your work btw.

8:48 PM  
Blogger william wray said...

G-- yeah it's on wood.

7:32 PM  
Blogger william wray said...

Who dat say who dat?

8:04 PM  
Blogger william wray said...

Hey Chuck,

You don't like cars in parking lots?

8:05 PM  
Blogger katzenjammer studios said...

hey mr. wray! sorry that i missed your show opening, but i'll drop by to see it sometime. i'm really interested in your work! i heard your plein aire painting class was cancelled and i was just wondering if you'd make sure and put a nice little blog entry up when it's up and running again. i'd love to join you!

your pal,
chris

1:07 AM  
Blogger Mitch said...

Awesome, Bill.

What a surreal looking space ~

3:10 AM  
Blogger BoneDaddy said...

I don't know why I haven't looked at this one yet! I guess I'll be the tardy one this time. I lik how your eyes are dragged from the dark edges to the light outside, like someone's gonna pull you over to the edge and throw you out into the open sunlight.

4:44 AM  
Blogger r. chunn said...

Don't you hate it when people leave their styrofoam coffee cups on parking lot planters? Nice painting, though.

9:25 AM  
Blogger william wray said...

Hey Chris,

My regular class is shut down for the time being, but I will be doing a all day workshop on November 19th on location in the Burbank area. More info to follow.

10:59 AM  
Blogger william wray said...

Mitchl,

Just a underground parking lot they all are the same, we just don't look at them, we run into the store.

11:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

great moooood!!

5:05 PM  
Blogger william wray said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:34 PM  
Blogger william wray said...

BG-- good observation,

there are a quite a few elements leading your eye out to the light...

10:34 PM

10:36 PM  
Blogger william wray said...

Hey R. C.

We have all noticed or done it at one time or another . I like visual touchstones, no matter how crass. The fact is in this bottom line world, corporations find ways to cut down on disposing of trash, it's harder than ever to find trashcans and rest rooms, yet there are way more people.

10:40 PM  
Blogger william wray said...

Alina,

thank YOOOOOU!

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home