Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Big Tree and a live Demo




I wanted to try to be really loose and expressionistic on this one. I fussed with the tree canopy a bit then rubbed it out and banged it in fast and spent a little time on the truck, but the rest was fast, fast, fast! ( this is not the demo)


For those of you intrested I'm giving a demo May 18th at the

San Gabriel Fine Arts Association
425 West Las Tunas Drive
San Gabriel, CA 91776
(626)282-1448
The demo is on May 18, at 1 PM. The admission is $5 per person. The location is at the Grapevine Room on 324 S. Mission in San Gabriel. It is adjacent to the San Gabriel Mission Playhouse.
Call them for more info

Or cut and paste this link:
http://www.barnesroberts.com/mezz/club/sgfaa.html

17 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

It seems that spring was able to work her way into your heart on this one. Good to see!

4:36 AM  
Blogger Michael Pieczonka said...

Bill, another nice one. Love everything in that tree especially the diagonality of it. I like the hint of mauve in the sky near horizon. :clap: Can you come to Toronto and put on a demo for $5 too?

1:50 PM  
Blogger William K. Moore said...

Soft edges rule... last time I saw a mirror mounted on the ceiling was in Long Beach.

7:07 PM  
Blogger Ambera said...

REally gorgeous colours in this piece. I sure wish I could get down there and see a demo..

8:35 PM  
Blogger tonypetersart said...

Hey Bill,

Dig the painting, nice lost and found edges. Love the quiet color.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Leslie Sealey said...

Wow, I love the lighting and sky colors in that one!

8:22 PM  
Blogger enb said...

that demo came out great.
nice, fresh and confident.

12:29 PM  
Blogger william wray said...

Kg, yes I'm not totaly with out pity for normal subjects.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Cooper Dragonette said...

$5 per person!?!?! Bill, the movies are $8 and probably not as good. I think $10 would be reasonable! I know I'd pay it. Great painting--very loose, but in all the right places. Best, Cooper

5:23 AM  
Blogger Lane said...

The edges are great!

8:15 AM  
Blogger Chris Ousley said...

Good work. Looked like a windy day.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Kim VanDerHoek said...

Beautiful!

The colors in the bird studies and all the lost edges were great too.

I wish I could be at the demo! There are a few questions I'd like to ask and I know you'd give an honest, straightforward answer.

10:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

lovely!

10:22 AM  
Blogger Paintopolis said...

beautiful butttery brush work Bill. -James

8:17 AM  
Blogger william wray said...

Mp-- Sure!

12:43 PM  
Blogger Alan Rushing said...

So good...

8:43 AM  
Blogger mel magee said...

love the demo piece. wish i were there.come to bama.

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home