Saturday, July 05, 2008

Parking Available



18x 24 oil on wood



First I just wanted to toot my and Tim Horn's horn that we got a little feature in the current American Art Collector. I hope some of you can come to our July 12th show at Segil Fine Art. See link--->>>>>

This is a downtown parking lot in a slow moment on the weekend. I have been waiting to try a simpler, headed toward abstracted style for a bit. It was a big stated goal that kind of went into limbo on me. It’s still on the agenda, but I like so many styles, it’s hard to pick a look and stick with it. That repeat for success idea just doesn’t work for me, it goes against the natural evolution process in my brain. I already cringe at the idea that I have repeated myself with some compositions/ subjects/ lighting yet the irony is the more I repeat the better it might be for a breakout into the bigger art market/ fame racket.

12 Comments:

Blogger Jesse said...

Excellent colors on that one.

2:58 PM  
Blogger LuisNCT said...

good composition and use of a limited palette

4:34 PM  
Blogger Mark Bridges said...

Looks smoking hot there. Really like the far windows also. I saw 7 of your images there in the mag.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Liquidmethod said...

Love those shadows on the wall. Awesome as always!

7:25 PM  
Blogger Kim VanDerHoek said...

I saw the article in Art Collector and will do my best to get there. It would be great to see a body of your work in person.

And it's a difficult balance between repeating yourself for the sake of sales vs. doing something new so that you don't get bored. I've found that other artist's work tends to get stale when they're resting on their usual style/subject for a long time. I enjoy seeing the natural evolution of an artists work, it keeps me interested.

5:44 PM  
Blogger SEILER said...

Bill, you blow my mind man . . . . amazing piece! Geez.

7:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice one!

10:50 AM  
Blogger william wray said...

thanks Jessie and Luis!

11:09 PM  
Blogger William K. Moore said...

Great painting.. pink, teal and white.. lovely combination. Fame - that's those annoying talentless kids singing uplifting songs - chicks with legwarmers.

12:26 PM  
Blogger william wray said...

thanks Mark-- In art collector? pr the Artist mag?

1:30 PM  
Blogger william wray said...

thaks Liquid!

1:30 PM  
Blogger HEH said...

Another beauty, Bill!

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home