Saturday, August 15, 2009

Cargo Trailer


Oil 9x12
Here is a PA done weeks ago with pal Aaron in an industrial patch near San Fernando road and the 134. Local painter Frank Serrano showed up and honoring us with his presence and did a nice little painting. He one of the best local PA Teachers I recommend his classes. Tony Peters came by, too but was to lazy to bring his kit so he went out and got sunburned taking photos.


Aaron on left, Frank Right

I picked Frank Brangwyn this week as I see a correlation between last weeks subject and their working man themes and painting approaches, but have no way of proving that Brangwyn inspired Ivor Heel.
















11 Comments:

Blogger Betker said...

how can I put this? your paintings are beautiful and moving; spiritual food. then you go and include wonderful art from others as well. I thank you every day for this blog.

5:53 PM  
Blogger Billy Guffey said...

Bill, I can't say I thank you every day, but I can say I'm hardly ever disappointed.

This one, once again, has that broken color in the sky I like so much, with that bright underpainting showing through. The thick paint in just the right spots sometimes looks like you might add a little dirt from the location. Wonderful texture.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Dave Lebow said...

Another beautiful painting.
I also just purchased and recieved your book Dirty Beauty. I love it, it is so inspiring. I'm getting back out into the city here around the Venice Beach area to paint and your work is an inspiration to me!
Thank you for sharing your work with us on your blog!

8:58 AM  
Blogger tonypetersart said...

Yeah... I should have brought my kit along. Definitely will next time.

Your piece turned out nice!

10:56 PM  
Blogger william wray said...

thanks Polus, stop by anytime for a snack.

10:06 AM  
Blogger william wray said...

Thanks Bill, I am usually a little dissapointed, and that s a good thing.

10:07 AM  
Blogger william wray said...

thanks Dave for the sale and your work is looking good!

10:08 AM  
Blogger william wray said...

thanks Tony , how's the sunburn?

10:08 AM  
Blogger Cafe Pasadena said...

I really like the liberal use of colours by Brangwyn!

10:00 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

Your paintings are beautiful and moving;AWESOME!!!

--
Jack
Best Affordable Security Systems Suitable for Renters and Apartments, Business and RV

5:05 AM  
Blogger Alan Rushing said...

Great to see you guys out painting,actually see you in it, inspiring. I just got your book too, also inspiring! Thanks!

4:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home